Here is a digital version of the material we studied together in class. The language might not be exactly the same as the print-out I gave you but the ideas and the structure are identical
From this material we discussed the question of friendship (i.e., do friends need justice?; how can we define friendship?; what are the three types of friendship?; is it correct to say that goodness is permanent while usefulness and pleasantness are relative?;)
Final Assignment Guidelines
The following information is designed to help students who are aiming for an A+ in the final exam. In order to achieve this, take note of the following requirements:
– The student has chosen one of the four topics and understood the main ideas conveyed in the work
– The student also understands the secondary ideas and examples that support the main ideas
– The student is able to express these main and secondary ideas in spoken English
– The student demonstrates a knowledge of some of the material’s vocabulary and can incorporate it into their speech
– The student is able to see the material as part of a bigger picture and not just in isolation (i..e, they are able to compare or contrast it to some of the other materials we have studied)
– The student not only understands the material but has her own opinion (either positive or negative) on the ideas
– The student is able to raise questions about the material and engage the listener in a discussion
– The student does not wait for questions or prompts but has a clear purpose and understanding of what she wants to express
Wow! That seems really difficult, doesn’t it? Well, it’s not really. If you spend a little time on the material, go over your notes, perhaps do a little further research on the internet or in books, I’m sure you’ll be able to do very well.
Remember, you are allowed to use your materials as a reference if you want–but don’t rely on them or use them as a script.
Of course, if you have any problems or questions about any of the materials or the test, ask me and I will help you.
Good luck and I’ll see you on Tuesday.
1:15 Jo Jae Won 1:20 Jo Yae Jin 1:25 Monica
1:30 Gang Seung Hyun 1:35 Ga Yae Won 1:40 Mun Da In
1:45 Seo Da Eul 1:50 Im Ji Hyun 1:55 Kim Ji Min
2:00 Lee Chung Son 2:05 Hyo Jean Kim 2:10 Park Ji Eun
2:15 Lee Seung Hee 2:20 Kim Ji Hye
2:55 Lee Su Han 3:00 Shin Jeong Min 3:05 Kwon Ri Yang
3:10 Jeong Ji Woon 3:15 Kim Ha Eun 3:20 Lee Eun Seo
3:25 Ha Seung Hee 3:30 Park Su Min 3:35 Yu Do Jin
3:40 Na In Young 3:45 Park Soo Jin 3:50 Choi Yun Young
(please note that with so many students the times may change a little bit; however, you should all make sure you are there and ready when it’s your turn. If you have a problem with your time, try to change it with a friend or ask me. You should notify me of any changes that you make.)